Yoga Poses To Improve Digestion
To stay fit and healthy, it is important that you should have a healthy digestive system. Improper food habits and digestion problems can disturb the normal bowel pattern of the body and make it irregular. This can further cause several serious skin problems and can also cause hair loss issue. Digestion affects the entire health of a person.
Therefore, to improve the digestive system, a person can practice yoga for the digestive system. Yoga is one of the best and natural solutions to improve the digestion system. People with the problem of irregular bowel syndrome and constipation can get instant relief if they practice yoga for constipation regularly.
How does yoga help to improve digestion?
Yoga workout includes different types of breathing techniques that are practiced that help to bring more energy to the body and also helps to remove toxins that are formed within after consumption of improper foodstuff. The toxic substances are formed due to excessive stress as well as an unhealthy lifestyle. So here are some of the yoga poses that can help you improve your digestion:
- Ushtrasana: Camel pose, this is one of most practiced yoga asana that helps in alleviating constipation issues by stretching the stomach and the intestines.
- Trikonasana: Triangle pose, this yoga posture helps to improve digestion, stimulate appetite and alleviate constipation.
- Matsyendrasana: This posture massages the abdominal organs and improves digestive ailments and diseases.
- Pavanmuktasana: Wind-relieving yoga pose, this posture helps to remove gastrointestinal issues and also strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Naukasana: Boat pose, this posture helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles and also stretches the intestines. This helps in the secretion of the digestive juices which helps in better digestion.
- Paschimottasana: Seated forward bend pose, this posture relieves constipation and also massages the abdominal organs. It also helps to reduce abdominal fat.
Now that you know how to improve the digestive system with the help of the above-mentioned yoga poses, following a proper and healthy diet plan for a better digestive system is also important. Yoga and healthy diet work best. So you should consume food that improves digestion and also practice yoga regularly to get best results.
Here is a diet plan that you can follow for a healthy digestive system:
- Consume cereals like oats.
- Eat fibrous food items like beetroots, lentils, beans, and peas.
- Avoid eating left-over food and consume freshly cooked meals.
- Consume fresh fruits like bananas, apples, avocados which are among the best fruits that help in digestion.
- It is very important for you to drink plenty of water each day. This will not only help to improve digestion but will also help to flush out the toxins from the body.
- Avoid eating junk food items and oily food.
Some other tips that you can follow to improve your digestion are:
- Eating your meals at regular intervals.
- Chewing the food well before swallowing. This helps to reduce pressure on the digestive organs.
- Do not lie down just after eating a meal.
- Avoid consuming heavy meals during night time.
- Drink water 30 minutes after you eat your meal.
- Avoid taking a lot of stress and tension as this also leads to digestive disorders.
Hence, having a good digestive system is essential to your well-being and health depends on it. Yoga does not focus on improving your digestive system but also helps you to reduce extra body weight, improve blood flow, helps to feel relaxed, improves concentration power and also improves physical strength. Yoga has some positive effects on your body. Therefore, you should try to take out some time each day for practicing this form of art to stay healthy and to keep your digestive system healthy at all times.
For more details, www.vedicyogafoundation.org